1. Field Dimensions/Specs
15-20 yards in length
20-25 Yards wide
Cones mark Field of Play, No spectator allowed with in the box
2. Team Members
* Each team has a maximum of 12 players. Players will not be accepted into the event as individuals. All players must be a part of a team.
* Teams are not required to turn in a roster 24 hr before the event
Age Requirements – Every player must produce a copy of their original birth certificate or State issued ID before participating in an RNRTOP100 5 on 5 Trench Wars Event.
* Varsity Division:
* All players must be under the age of 19.
* Seniors who have graduated from high school may only play until July 31 of the season directly following high school graduation.
* Seniors who graduated and have started college are not eligible.
* 15U Division:
* Players must be at least 13 years of age at the time of the tournament to be eligible for participation
* Players must be 15 years of age or under as of 7/31
* Players that turn 16 on or before 9/1 are ineligible for the 15U division
* 14U GRADE Division:
* Players must be at least 12 years of age at the time of the tournament to be eligible for participation
* Players must be 14 years of age or under as of 7/31
* 12U GRADE Division:
* Players must be at least 10 years of age at the time of the tournament to be eligible for participation
* Players must be 12 years of age or under as of 7/31
* 10U GRADE Division:
* Players must be at least 8 years of age at the time of the tournament to be eligible for participation
* Players must be 10 years of age or under as of 7/31
* 8U GRADE Division:
* Players must be at least 7 years of age at the time of the tournament to be eligible for participation
* Players must be 8 years of age or under as of 7/31
Players that turn 16 on or before 9/1 are ineligible for the 15U divisionCoaches/TEAM staff
* Each team has a maximum of 4 team staff Members, 3 coaches and 1 statkeeper/verifier. Team staff will be allowed in the box during matches.
* One member from each team must be a statkeeper/verifier to log correct stats of each match. Numbers will be verified by the REF and other teams statkeeper/verifier to ensure integrity. ONLY LOG WHAT THE REF TELLS YOU TO LOG!
* Last team to check in will be charged with logging first.
* Each game will have a minimum of (1) official. Ref will be Positioned as the QB. The REF MUST COUNT BY WAVING THEIR HAND PER SECOND. Time starts on the O lineman movement
* Each game needs to have a 2 statkeeper/Verifier, (1 from each team.)
* Field manager – Event must have one for every match to assist with Check-in, crowd, player, coach, and referee control on/around the Matches.
4. Game Times
* A match consist of A 20 Minute running Clock. Championships will be two 10 minute halves with a 5 minute intermission.
* Line must be set for gap integrity before the next rep can begin. Rep begins on the O-line’s movement
* 20 second reset clock between reps
*Coin toss to select who starts on offense or Defense
*Possessions are 2 reps per athlete, then switch Offense and Defense
* Each rep has 4 seconds to complete
* Overtime: During bracket play only
* 3v3 2 Possessions, 1 rep each (6 total Reps)
* Coaches choice
* Every Rep is scored for winning participant
* The points will be based off of how quickly The defensive lineman get to the Quarterback or how long The Offensive lineman can protect the Quarterback
* Defense Score/ Per Seconds
- DOMINATE THE REP Equal 2pts win (LESS THAN 2 SECONDS)
- Touch the ref before 4 second count concludes
* Offense Score/ Per Seconds
- DOMINATE THE REP (Pancake or Defender doesn’t pass the line of scrimmage) – 2 pts
- Hold the defender off for 4 sec.
* Official scores will be kept by field referee and sideline scorekeepers.
* Off-sides – Point DEDUCTION
* No bull rush longer than 2 second – Point DEDUCTION
* No Holding – Point DEDUCTION
* No hands to the face – 1 warning, 2nd occurrence Point DEDUCTION, 3rd occurrence PLAYER EJECTED
* No cutting Attacking Below the waist -1 Warning, 2nd occurrence PLAYER EJECTED
* No head butting 1 Warning, 2nd occurrence PLAYER EJECTED
* No tripping – 1 Warning, 2nd occurrence PLAYER EJECTED
* No spitting – immediate PLAYER EJECTED
* If an individual commits 2 PERSONAL FOULS in 1 day. He will be SUSPENDED for the Day
For consideration, the coach must report all game play ruling discrepancies to the Field Manager no more than 20 minutes after that game has ended. Any reversal or game-changing decisions will be made at the Field Manager’s discretion.
9. Additional Match Format Rules
Bracket Play – Higher seed gets choice of offense/defense for opening possession
Fighting: All players must abide by the BIG NASTY 5 on 5 Code of Conduct. See Code of Conduct for more detail.
* If two teams are tied at the end of pool play, the tiebreaker is head-to-head records.
* If three or more teams are tied at the end of pool play, the following criteria will be used to determine winners:
* Head-to-head records
* DEF Point Total
* OFF Point Total
* Coin flip
Appendix: RNRTOP100 5V5 Trench Wars
* All teams are required to wear the designated tournament uniform, if provided. If not, teams may wear their own uniforms.
* Players are permitted to wear standard football cleats with plastic or rubber spikes. No metal spikes are allowed. Soft Shell Helmets and mouth pieces are required.
* Roster Changes
* Each qualifying team is allowed to make (4) substitutions to the roster for each successive tournament.
* Keeping the 12 player maximum in mind ,the team may utilize (2) of their (4) substitutions to add new players to the roster
* If one organization enters more than one team into a qualifying event, and one of those two teams qualifies, the roster of that team cannot be interchanged with the other for future events
* If a single team plays in more than one qualifying event and qualifies multiple times, they may not give one of their spots up to another team
Athletes may play on multiple rosters if the 2 teams aren’t in the same division. (I.E. Athlete is 10U and plays 10U and 12U)